Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Power of YOU

Know Thyself is the first point in the DYNAMIC TRANSITIONING (TM) Program. Sounds easy, doesn't it? Most of us immediately think,"Of course I know who and what I am." But some of you may have wondered, "Who AM I? What is the meaning of life? What is my purpose here on Earth?" or "What do I want to do with my life? What work, calling, vocation, avocation do I wish to follow?"
A firm foundation in knowing who you are is critical to maintain balance during times of transition. You don't want to just "survive" during a transition period - you want to "thrive" during these periods.
Do you even know what it means to be happy and what it takes to achieve happiness? These are important questions for anyone who is seeking happiness to ask themselves. ... thinking about the things that make you happy.
A fun and revealing exercise to learn more about yourself is this:
Make a list of 50 things that make you happy. That's right - things that make you happy. And the list needs to be YOURS - not what you think should make you happy, but what touches your heart, lights your ambition, makes you smile. They can relate to your professional life, your personal life or your spiritual life. I heard this idea expressed in a tape by Thich Nhat Hanh a friend gave me many years ago and thought I'd pass the suggestion on to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home