Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Million Little Controversies Part 2

So, is it ok to "stretch the truth" ? Do we live in a culture where the "truth" doesn't matter anymore? Here's some recent comments from a reader on boingboing.And here's some food for thought from Ethics in America.

I teach Competitive Marketing and Strategy at UCLA and devote an entire week to the topic of Ethics in Business. We cover the meaning of ethics and how to navigate the dangerous waters of "crossing the line". We take it very seriously and teach the value of being on the side of truthfullness. What message do corporations want to send to the professional community about who they are? Thoughts?


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had the experience of people being shocked at my taking responsibility for a mistake I made at work. I don't think it is the norm to be truthful or accountable, most people seem to be more concerned with CYA. I believe most people will have more respect for you if you are truthful though.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home