Monday, January 30, 2006

Professional Power

How many of you have participated in sales training? Most will say, “not me…I don’t sell anything – in fact, I don’t like selling at all”. Well, it turns out you’re always selling in some form or another. And, as a former professional salesperson, I’d like to suggest that selling skills are often overlooked as something to have in your toolbox.
I recently read a great book called War Paint, the story of Helena Rubinstein and Elizabeth Arden's competitive landscape as they launched their cosmetics companies in the early 20th century. Believe me, they needed sales skills to actualize their vision.
A fun site you may want to visit to explore these ideas is www.justsell.com. In fact, there’s a great quote from Helena Rubinstein on the homepage today! Enjoy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good info!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home