Thursday, April 27, 2006

Personal Satisfaction


Last night was "teaching night" for me. I teach Competitive Marketing and Strategy at UCLA and I really enjoy it. I have a great group of students this semester. We covered Michael Porter's Five Forces and Sun Tzu's Art of War. It takes an enormous amount of preparation to give a good class...even one I wrote. I take pride in the material, the interest level, etc. and want the students to get value from each class night and the course as a whole. I've had an 8.9 out of 9.0 rating on the class and I'm validated that what I want to give is apparently being received.
I get personal satisfaction from teaching. This combines Point #1) Know Thyself and Point #6) Giving Back. I know that sharing information I'm passionate about is satisfying to me. I also know that being a subject matter expert and then sharing that is giving back to the community at large.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

been reading this randomly....really like it...

it will all come back to you in some way you never envisioned...so keep your expectations under wraps.

I love you as a neat person and woman with guts...int. to see if you get this...do not know how it all works..clueless.

your friend--
PC

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home