Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Giving Back


Point 6 in the 7 Point Dynamic Transitioning Program is about Giving Back. I could talk for ages on the importance of giving back - personally, professionally, and spiritually. I am one who believes in a tenfold return. Some would say not to expect a return....give because you want to give and it's from the heart. I believe both are true.

I teach Competitive Marketing and Strategy at UCLA as a way of Giving Back professionally. I believe I was part of Corporate America at a time when training was paramount to employee satisfaction and I received some excellent leadership and management training. I also had a terrific career in Sales and Marketing. The course I teach at UCLA is a course I wrote because I wanted to teach a course I would take. I am passionate about it.

One of the committments I make to students is to offer free 'mentoring'. It's so wonderful to communicate with students as they begin their careers. I've worked with students on the interview process, building a good resume, how to followup correctly, and how to transition from one career to another. I find it rewarding and satisfying to know that I can make a difference and that my experience is helpful to them.

I highly recommend you find a way to give back. Email me if you're having trouble with this one and I'll be happy to share more ideas with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home