Thursday, April 13, 2006

Bill Wilson in TIME Magazine

My talk last night at USC was very well received. I'll be editing down the DVD and posting it shortly.

I have also been preparing for the California Association of Alcohol and Drug Educators (CAADE) conference I'll be speaking at next Friday, April 21. I found out that Bill Wilson, the co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, was listed in the
TIME 100 - the most influential people in the 20th Century. That's pretty impressive. I'll mention that during my talk.

I had the honor of being the President of the Board of Directors of Friendly House, a women's alcohol recovery program in Los Angeles for 4 years. The Board's mission was strictly fundraising and we did that very well. So I do have familiarity with the 12-Step program of AA through that service. AA has apparently helped millions of people - for free. I like the spiritual aspect of the program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home