Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Turning Point


I am an avid reader and believe in constantly reading motivational and uplifting material. I read everything I can from material on leadership, to sales training, marketing, spirituality, success, and prosperity. In fact, I've been asked to publish a book list of what I read and plan to get that up soon.
Today I was looking for some inspiration for one of my Blackbelt Coaching clients who is STUCK in the middle of a decision-making process. When I say stuck, I mean stuck.
My experience is that there are phases of decision making. It starts with awareness that a decision needs to be made. That can happen in an instant, or it can be a slow process of realization.
Then there is usually a turning point of some sort. Something that takes you in a new direction, or further towards the direction you wanted to go in. It may be that "small voice within", it could be in something you read, it might be in conversation with others...suddenly, you just KNOW WHAT TO DO.
So, today I picked up The Success Principles by Jack Canfield. He talks about "leaning into" your life. He talks about how that "leaning-into" action creates momentum - ..."an unseen energy force that brings more opportunity, more resources, and more people who can help you into your life at seemingly just the right time for you to benefits the most from them." Then, as this momentum picks up speed, the turning point just happens naturally.
That combination of "momentum" and "the turning point" are what will help my client. The momentum will create the turning point and she will KNOW what to do next. I'm also going to suggest she take time to go back and review other times when the turning point presented itself. It's important for her to remind herself that she's had many turning points in her life and most likely, she's had more successes than failures.
When you achieve a goal or pass through a turning point, it's important to acknowledge consciously to yourself that it has been completed. Pat yourself on the back. If you have a spiritual practice that involves gratitude and giving thanks, be sure to do so. Let the positive energy from the momentum you've created continue to carry you on your journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home