Friday, August 25, 2006

Physical Well-Beng

I hope you have an exercise program integrated into your life. Your physical well being and health matters to you and to the people around you. Being in top form is part of bringing your best self to everything you do.
What about transitions in your exercise routine? Just today, I was at my favorite exercise training center, the Billy Blanks Tae Bo Training Center, and learned that there are some changes coming in terms of the club, the trainers, Billy and his wife, etc. I have no details, except to know that in November this club is closing, but I'm confident things will turn out fine.
What I noticed, however, is my own thought process as I read the announcement this morning. Oh no! What will I do? I LOVE coming here, LOVE the workout, etc. Yikes! A transition.
Here's a perfect example of a transition I can plan for. I know it's coming. I can do a number of things at this point:
1. Wait and see where the new club is and when it's opening
2. Dig out my old membership at Bally's and see if it's still good
3. Try something new - Krav Maga is close by. Yoga is everywhere.
4. Walk
Here's what's interesting, though. I will absolutely find something that works for me. But I don't want to let go of my good memories of Tae Bo and the club I go to now. Somehow, that thought of change, transition, newness makes me anxious. This is normal. I'm writing about it to make a point, and that point is that transition is about change, and change - even to something potentially better, is hard.
Does that mean we stay stuck? No. It means embracing the change, using the tools of Dynamic Transitioning, and approach the transition with excitement and anticipation for greater good to appear.
Exercise:
  • What transitions in your life are you aware of beforehand?
  • What transitions in your life are you currently resisting?
  • What transitions in your thinking can you implement now?
  • How can you "lean into" the transitions you're facing?
  • What new good might you find?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home