Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Dynamic Business Philosophy

I am a small business owner. In addition to Dynamic Transitioning, Blackbelt Coaching, teaching at UCLA and lecturing at USC, I own and run a strategic advisory firm called Y&M Partners, located in Beverly Hills, CA.

I was in corporate America for over 20 years before starting my own company. Talk about a transition! I could go on and on about that transition and in fact, spend quite a bit of time on this with my coaching clients who are making a similar transition.

Many of my readers want to know how I apply the *spiritual* elements of Dynamic Transitioning to my business. I love to talk about this. So many people say things like, "Everybody lies in this business...if you don't, you'll be taken advantage of"; or "Of course I pad the expense account - the client is picking it up and, well, they expect it".

This kind of thinking is fear-based. Deep underneath the statements above are, "I'm afraid I won't get mine...there won't be enough if I don't grab it any way possible!".

My Dynamic Business Philosophy is this: "I am a success today because I do business with others as I would have them do it with me."

This is a powerful and dynamic business philosophy for 2 reasons: 1) because I really mean it, and 2)because it means that I must constantly think, "Would I appreciate this action?" If the answer is no or maybe, I don't do it.

Know Thyself. This is the beginning of all growth (see the 7-Point Dynamic Transitioning Program). Part of this process is to pay attention to the inner dialouge you have going on in your mind. Write some of it down. I am often amazed at how many of you have installed dictators, thugs, and gangsters in your own mind in the form of deep seated anger, resentement, and hate. This destructive attitude of the mind governs and controls you and becomes the boss over your own thoughts, feelings, and reactions. No wonder your business could be suffering.

These mental attitudes must be reversed so that new ideas of success, harmony, and prosperity can begin to grow and develop.

What you radiate out is what you will attract. Try mentally wishing success, harmony, and prosperity for you past, current, and future clients. Constantly ask, "How can I be more useful to my clients?" Isn't this what you'd want them to do for you? Of course it is. Do this and it will keep you and your business on the path of growth and success.

Your troubles today are a result of today's thinking. Change your thinking in this moment and you will change your life! Now that' a Dynamic Business Philosophy!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Londons Times Cartoons said...

DBP: Loved your entry on spirituality in biz. Our paths are very similar. I was in Corp America for exactly two decades. As you know, Corp. Am. is not a hotbed of spirituality. In fact negative enough to give me a major heart attack. I used to teach karate (Ishinru), my gf lives in LA, I'm in Hot Springs, Ar and a cartoonist. Just opened the largest cartoon gift and collectible superstore on the net. Not the same $$ as corp. america but.......I can create, be spirtual, read and meditate, walk my dog, listen to music, and really get to "know thyself". Great work. Glad you are here.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home