Monday, October 02, 2006

Balancing Priorities

Please forgive me for not posting in over a week. I have been busy with conflicting priorities. The good news about having a full life is that I have many exciting projects. In addition to spending time with my husband and my son and new daughter-in-law, my company, Y&M Partners LLC is thriving; my coaching business, Blackbelt Coaching, is growing; my Dynamic Transitioning book is almost ready for the editor; and finally, I'll be teaching a new class at UCLA. Oh, and I'm working a course at the request of the Industrial Engineering Department at USC. Normally I teach at UCLA in the Fall but this year I'll teach the Winter semester:

MARKETING STRATEGY - CUSTOMERS AND COMPETITION; Steven P. Schnaars
Here's the UCLA Extension course description:

This course explores the concepts of: strategic models; consumer behavior and strategic segmentation; positioning strategy; product development and product life cycle strategies; value chains; competitive advantage and competitive edge; customer satisfaction and loyalty; and branding and advertising. Students will examine the forces that drive changes in the business environment and devise plans for identifying them and managing outcomes. Lastly, we will look at three emerging areas of interest: International Marketing Strategy, the Internet and new Electronic Economy, and Strategies for Entrepreneurs.

I am a good time manager and my priorities are usually perfectly aligned. And when there's so much to do that it's simply too much to accomplish everything, I just do the next thing on the list. Whatever that is. I need to be sure my priorities map to my business needs, my home and family needs, and my spiritual needs.

I've missed communicating with you on the blog and I'm committing to regular posts from this point forward.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home