Thursday, March 16, 2006

Staying Healthy


Have you thought that you may not be spiritually evolved if you get sick? It's true. People feel that somehow we're not supposed to be "human" once we embark on a spiritual path.

Alas. We are human and self-forgivness is key in maintaining a healthy mind, body, and spirit. Much is said about achieving balance and I believe it is balanced to know my limitations. If I get a cold or a flu, in spite of my meditation and fitness practice, I say "Welcome to the human race".

I also enormously appreciate my health. I honor the miracle of the human body that takes care of me - my organs, my blood flowing, my lungs breathing in and out. Lately, I've been meditating on developing deeper compassion for my fellow humans as well as this deep appreciation for my health and the miracle of life. I count on this as part of my firm foundation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home