Thursday, July 20, 2006

Blackbelt Coaching Comments

Thanks for all the terrific response to the Blackbelt Coaching email newsletter I put out last week. If you want to get on that mailing list, send me your email to beverlymacy@gmail.com.
Many of you are asking about how to get started in the Blackbelt Coaching process. The first step is that you email me and describe 1) your current situation; and 2) what you think Blackbelt Coaching should accomplish for your situation.
I'll then schedule a personalized 1/2 hour phone session with you to determine if I can help you.
I'm working with a new client now who emailed me that she was put on "corrective action" at her job. She is a mid-level manager and is really nervous, no, scared is the right word, about losing her job. She said she hoped that Blackbelt Coaching would help her keep the job.
So far, I've helped her to move from the "They're firing me today, for sure" feeling, to "I'm ok right now" feeling. We still have a long way to go. This professional is very good at what she does, but made some nearly fatal moves recently. She blurred the boundaries between work and free time and is paying a BIG price for it. She got burned by someone she thought was a "friend". That "friend" is now her boss and is riding her like you wouldn't believe.
I could have told her that. The workplace is NOT a social network. You want social, get a mySpace page. You want a career, be focused and stay on point. Does that surprise you? It surprised this person. She thought I was going to help her with interpersonal skills. Not a chance. There's nothing those skills can fix at this point. You want friends, or you want to save your job - your choice.
Blackbelt Coaching faces reality. I won't give you fantasy - that's not going to help you save your job or get ahead. I give you actionalable direction and it works. If this person can continue to follow my direction she'll not only save her job, she'll get promoted.
eMail me now with your situation. Let's take you to the next level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home