Friday, July 21, 2006

Professional Transitoning

The transitions I've been focused on lately from the perspective of both Dynamic Transitioning and Blackbelt Coaching have to do with professional life.

Folks are transitioning within a company from one discipline to another (moving from tech support to sales; or into management and/or senior management); or transitioning into a new career all together.

One client who has recently used Blackbelt Coaching to beat the "boss from hell" told me yesterday that - lo and behold - she's reaching out to him in a friendly, more helpful way. It actually caught him off guard.

Good. It SHOULD catch him off guard. He is not out from under her wrath yet...it's too soon. But, it may turn out that she becomes his professional mentor.

My client was shocked! What? Why would she do that? She hated me just a few weeks before - I couldn't do anything right!

When you combat a boss from hell with skill and show that you know the rules of the game, you gain respect. It's like in sports - you thorw the ball to other good players because you know that they'll make the most of the play.

The same is true in business. People want to work with people who can "make the most of the play". In fact, my client may end up with one fo the best Mentors he's ever had. I told him to be ready for that. However, I'll work with him to insure that the Mentorship is on HIS terms and not hers.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home