Monday, November 13, 2006

Seasonal Transitions

Transitions occur in all stripes and flavors: age-related transitions, career transitions, family unit transitions, spiritual growth and transitions.

There is also the yearly transition of the seasons. Can you believe we're a less than two weeks away from Thanksgiving? There is a transition we're entering into that most of us really welcome...the Thanksgiving and holiday season that leads up to the new year.

I like to take the time span from Thanksgiving to New Year's to review my personal, professional, and spiritual goals and progress. What were my goals at the beginning of the year? How am I tracking on those goals? What's changed? What transitions did I plan for, and what transitions came unexpectedly?

How's my "inner life"? I'm a big believer in the inner dialog that goes on at all times. My readers know that each of us has a choice of what and how to think: I can focus on what's good in my life, or I can focus on what's bad. If I focus on what's good....lo and behold! it gets even better. If I focus on what's bad...well, it seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy.

My father, who I adored, used to say, "Count your blessings, even if they're in fractions". I love that and use it often.

Here's an exercise I've used that comes from Creative Visualization:

Write down the following categories:
Work/career
Money
Lifestyle/possessions
Relationships
Creative self-expression
Leisure/travel
Personal growth/education

Write down under each category what you would like to change or improve in the future. Then, write down: "If I could be, do, and have everything I want, this would be my ideal scene:"

This fits beautifully in the Dynamic Transitioning program in these ways: 1) Know Thyself; 2) Consider the Possibilities; 3) See Yourself Succeeding

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home