Saturday, April 01, 2006

Balance


Balance is a popular topic these days...family/work; activity/relaxation, etc. Finding your balance is elusive. Oh, there are plenty of good articles and opinions out there to help you find balance. In the Dynamic Transitioning program we spend time building a foundation that includes "Know Thyself". Part of knowing yourself is defining words like "Balance" - FOR YOU. You also will need to Practice Flexibility, because your definition of balance will change. Here's some good information on work / family balance from Inc. magazine.
I returned last night from Miami to Los Angeles. I was on a business trip with a new client. Miami is a vibrant and alive city - the weather was terrific and my new client is fun to work with. The trip was a quick turnaround - I left on Wednesday and returned late on Friday. Balance includes spending time with my husband. I adore my husband and he adores me and I was so glad to get a big kiss from him last night. We're 'morning people' and so this morning I filled him in on the details of the trip.
Balance, for me, also includes exercise, which I did this morning. I almost said no - I'm too tired. But I know that exercise works out the kinks of travel, and also contributes to my physical, mental, and spiritual balance. So I went to Tae-Bo (kickboxing) and it was a great class. Although I'm tired this afternoon, I'm so glad I went. I'll get a good sleep tonight and visit with friends tomorrow. I'm in balance for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home