Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Preparation for the UCLA Course

I teach Competitive Marketing and Strategy at UCLA. I love it. 5 years ago I wrote this course and presented it to the Business and Management Division of the Extension and they accepted it. Today it is one of the most popular courses in the Executive Marketing Certificate program. I team teach the class with Karl Kasca, a business associate of mine. Karl owns and operates an incredible Internet research firm called Kasca and Associates. Be sure to click on his link.

We teach the class every other semester and this semester begins on April 5. The course is on Wednesdays from 6:30 - 9:30. This is the first year I'll be blogging on the class, which is exciting.

In terms of Dynamic Transitioning, this falls in Point 6 - Giving Back. I believe in sharing my knowledge with others. And it turns out I'm good at it.

I spend an enormous amount of time in preparation for the class. I believe that one of the things that differientiates the class it that we have a regular flow of Guest Lecturers from various businesses and backgrounds, and Karl and I make the course timely by incorporating the daily business news into the subject matter. Our first speaker will be Sinan Kanatsiz, founder and CEO of KCOMM, a highly successful Internet Marketing and PR firm in Orange County.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home